Verified Reviewer

My 90;year old mother was LEASED a Kia Forte at Kia in Stuart,Florida on US 1. She went in because she got a flyer in the mail, and had NO intention of driving out in a brand new car, but of course she did with sales and finance associates doing there normal pitch to her.

She was alone, no family members with her. Her car still had all of her personal belongings in it plus her trunk was also full. They transferred all of her belongings to the new car as to not loose this sale. There is ABSOLUTELY no way she could ride out this lease at her age!

This is indeed ELDERLY ABUSE!!

This past year my mother has been in the hospital numerous times and has acquired ongoing bills. She could no longer pay the monthly lease payments plus auto insurance. She is NOT allowed to drive any more per her doctors instructions so the car was turned into Kia, on December 7, 2020, with only 4K miles. That tells you how much the cars been driven,

My mother is now being harassed by Kia phone calls!

She CANNOT pay any of these amounts that they claim are due.

I have tried to call the numbers listed from Kia on letters shes receiving to no avail. The numbers DO NOT WORK! One recording said the server is down which has been for many days!!! Another number rings and just hangs up.

Im asking for you to please stop harassing my 90 year old mother with phone calls and stop with the ridiculous notices you are sending.

The vehicle was turned in OVER 2 months ago and Im sure its been sold by now. She can no longer pay.

I think it should be brought to all of your dealerships attention that Elderly abuse is serious!

Had a family member been there that day things would have been different! When an elderly person walks into a dealership by themselves, your sales people should not push them to react so quickly to lease a car that day without knowing their situation and know the lease will never be able to come to term!

Location: Stuart, Florida

Comments

#2000146

We had a similar experience except my elderly father had the audacity of actually passing away before the term was up. We contacted KIA to see if we could get the termination fee waived and was met with combative, rude, demanding, arrogant personnel both at the dealer and at Kia Finance.

Wow. All I have to say is "buyer beware."

Kia Motors Finance Reviews