Verified Reviewer

2.7

Last lease ( 3 years ago ) I set up automatic payments for my wife's car to be taken directly from my local bank savings account. Weeks later I received a call stating that I was late on our payment and stated that I could pay by charge card with a $ 10.00 fee attached.

I told them I had automatic withdrawal and was later told my payment was no good and had to come from a revolving account which I do not have. I was never told of this before hand and after some frustrating discussion I said then just send me a bill every month on-line and I'll pay it. ( btw - very hard to understand the caller ). Also had a problem 2 years later with not receiving a notification.

I have a credit score of over 830 and don't want this compromised because of Kia's error.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday 7/23/20 my wife picked up her new Kia Soul from our local dealer. This morning ( 7/24 ) AT 8:02 A.M. !!! I received a call from Kia Finance wanting to talk with my wife ( could hardly understand the caller due to accent, bad connection - faded out - and my somewhat compromised hearing.

After a frustrating minute I told the caller to call back later and speak with my wife once she gets up. Caller told me " WE DON'T DO CALL BACKS " ??? and said something about us owing $ 194.00 on our last car payment for the turned in car ?

Our normal payment was $ 184.00 so this sounded like a scam.

I will be filing a complaint with the dealer hoping he can assist. Either way this will definitely be the LAST Kia lease we will ever have if this matter is not resolved quickly and am now thankful I didn't lease my wife a more expensive vehicle and glad I didn't lease from Kia the month before my just leasing a new vehicle.

Good dealership, good vehicles for the money, poorest financed company I ever dealt with.

User's recommendation: Good vehicles but don't finance through KIA FINANCE.

Product or Service Mentioned: Kia Motors Finance Leasing.

Preferred solution: Straighten out my payment billings and automatic withdrawls problem..

Kia Motors Finance Cons: Poor finance practices.

Comments