53 views
Verified Reviewer

While Im quite satisfied with my 2016 Optima, Kia Finance have been anything but satisfactory.

I paid my monthly charge religiously online for over 2 years when I had an unusual expense and thought it would be helpful to 'skip' a payment to the end of the payment schedule. Such skip payments had been widely marketed, so I called Finance explaining my desire.

The response was not accommodating.

The agent made no offers let alone said any were available. Instead said that while I was 'late' to pay it would be fine to pay within the next 10 days or so.

I paid but cont to be that month behind. I called within a month or two again requesting a month extension. This time the agent explained that I was qualified for a 2 month extension if I would make an immediate payment.

Seemed more than good so I accepted. Than the 'modification.' It wasn't a deal. I had to call back in 2 days or so and again request. What happened to the offer and acceptance I responded?

So angered it escalated until they locked me out of my account make it impossible to pay online/digitally.

A few weeks later not withstanding my 30 minute phone calls times at least 3 times.

Including my assurances that the entire 3 months due were in my bank acct - and yes they were - KMF repossed my car in the middle of the night.

One or two phone calls totaling at least 45 minutes and nearly a week without my car, 3 months of payments, fees and related expenses.

Jump ahead about a year adn yet again Im locked out of my acct. No alt digital platform for payment. My phone is malfunctioning as a phone. It can call out and I can receive, but when I call out, other digital functions like press X for Y.

I can only talk and listen so if no one live answers Im SOL. OK let me email KMF and explain my dilemma. What? No email address for finance co directly related to KIA Motors?

Infact the answer is yer. Live chat? No, only a bot Wel how about tech savvy texting? No/ FaceBook?

No. Perhaps tiktok or snap.

Doubtful, but dont have either, but if they did I would load the platform.

So I guess I can snail mail a paper check..But WTH.

Seriously Im pissed. No convenient way to pay.

User's recommendation: Think twice about buying a KIA.

Product or Service Mentioned: Kia Motors Finance Auto Loan.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Kia Motors Finance Cons: Poor customer service, Misleading offer or agreement, Poor payment platforms, Lack of email address, Lack of texting option.

Comments