Verified Reviewer

Resolved

Update by user May 07, 2021

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with full refund.

Update by user May 07, 2021

Six (6) weeks later, I received a check via FedEx for the full refund. No apology letter, no coupons for service, not a basket of cookies. Nothing.

Original review posted by user Apr 07, 2021

Everything was fine for the first 35-months of my Stinger lease. Then I logged in to KMF to make my $25K payoff.

At the end of the process, I did not receive a confirmation email, which made me nervous. I called in, and an agent told me, "If you did not receive a confirmation, the payment did not go through." I said, "If I do it again, how do I know I won't make a double payment?" The agent assured me that was not going to happen.

02/08/2021: $25K pulled from my checking account

02/23/2021: $25K additional pulled from my checking account

02/24/2021: I called in, and asked for an ACH refund. Agent said that was not possible, and a check would be issued within 16-days.

03/05/2021: I realize it wasn't 16 days, but I called to check the status. The agent told me no refund request was completed, and it takes 30-days to complete.

03/15/2021: Called again, was told to allow another 16-days.

03/19/2021: Called again, this time told it would be 30-days from the March 15th call, not the calls on February 24th or March 5th.

03/25/2021: Now its been more than 30-days since the original call.

Maybe I will get lucky. Nope.

04/01/2021: Called again. The agent told me specifically, "The check was sent to you today...from Texas."

04/06/2021: I called again inquiring about the status of MY TWENTY FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS THAT THIS AWFUL COMPANY HAS HAD FOR SIX WEEKS!! The agent told me "its in process." I told him the previous agent told me it was sent the prior week.

He confirmed it was not, and was still in process.

Each and every call I have demanded to speak to a supervisor. Each time, the agent told me that I could not speak to anyone because they could only send an email. The last guy finally told me that he was not even in the US, so there was nobody he could even speak to.

This level of customer service (or lack thereof) is absolutely unacceptable!

You know if I was ever late on one little $386 payment, they would have penalized me and reported my activity to the credit bureaus. But they have $25K of my money, and I cannot get a straight answer or my money from anyone there.

I WILL NEVER USE KIA MOTOR FINANCE AGAIN.

I WILL TELL EVERY LIVING SOUL FOR GENERATIONS ABOUT THIS EXPERIENCE.

User's recommendation: DO NOT FINANCE THROUGH KIA MOTOR FINANCE!

Product or Service Mentioned: Kia Motors Finance Account.

Kia Motors Finance Pros: Love my car, Website is easy to navigate.

Kia Motors Finance Cons: Horrible refund services, Bad coustomer service, Unwilling to allow me to speak to supervisor, Clearly does not care about customer, Refused to refund a double payoff.

Comments