1. Leased vehicle with Kia
Made all payments on time
3. Made final payment ahead of due date (term of lease fees, wear/tear costs and final payment) - on February 28
4. Never heard from them for months
5. They started calling about an outstanding amount - May, 2020
Asked for a bill with description outstanding amount. They were going to send me a bill. Never did.
7. They called at least three other times.
Still no bill or statement received
8. They sent a letter on June 23 stating account was paid in full and closed.
9. July 28 they made a derogatory remark on my credit
10. Called to ask why - they state I have an outstanding balance.
I asked for a bill
11. Still have not received a bill
Credit impact: Down 40 points!
This was after I had a nightmare of a time dealing with my lease and how they manage monthly payments and annual tax payments. They are constantly causing late payments because they do not know how to attribute tax payments and separate them from monthly payments.....even though I paid separately to track the tax payment.
User's recommendation: Stay away from KIA!!!!
Product or Service Mentioned: Kia Motors Finance Leasing.
Preferred solution: correction on credit bureau.
Kia Motors Finance Cons: Poor management of accounts.