Verified Reviewer

Hello my name is Nyamekye Nicholas, I have a 2013 Kia Forte that is paid off and also in my mothers name that I purchased from Central Kia of Plano. License plate number DLP-1037, vin number KNAFU4A29D568**** case number 13647****.

I am having a terrible, extremely frustrating and confusing experience with getting my vehicle serviced and repaired. My car had an internal issue with the engine and I brought it to Central Kia of Plano in April, 3 months ago. I was initially told I would be covered under the warranty for repairs and it took them almost 3 weeks to offer me a rental car and it took them 2 months to get the warranty people to look at my car (apparently and allegedly due to COVID-19) only to tell me now I am not covered due to a warped head gasket from overheating. When the issues started with my car I was on my way home from work on the highway, I literally couldn't stop until I got to a safe parking lot that I had to physically push my car to.

They are asking that I call and ask for Goodwill assistance to help with the extended warranty, since they have back tracked and claimed I am not covered even though initially they said I would be. I am a normal person who recently just got a new apartment and am barely making it as it is, I cannot pay 7000 for the repairs and I cannot afford to add another bill to the list by adding a new car note by selling my car. I would assume I would be a valued Kia customer since I have completely paid this car off and never missed a payment or had any internal issues I required to be handled by the warranty, this is the first and only one. I have grown extremely attached to my car, which I love like a human being and up to this point I have been very supportive of Kia and would've certainly recommended it to everyone but this warranty situation is confusing, depressing and not fair.

It is not helpful to us the customer who are just everyday people, which Is why we get the warranty to help with these situations. I have literally been stressing everyday over the last 3 months because I don't know what's going to happen next or what they will call and tell me next concerning this situation. The people working on my car are Paul Gomez and lady named Emily who has been really nice. I was told to ask for Goodwill assistance with my extended warranty.

I contacted you guys because I don't have many other options, I would love to keep my car.

Can you or someone please help me with this situation. I don't want to lose my car that I've already paid for due to some weird warranty clause, please can you guys help me out this it would mean the more than world and be greatly appreciated.

Preferred solution: I would like you guys to have the warranty people pay the cost of the repairs that I was initially told I would be covered for or I was recommended to ask for “goodwill assistance” to help pay for the cost of the repairs so I can get back to my life..

Location: 3401 N Central Expy, Plano, TX 75023

Comments

#1900909

People in Perdition want ice cubes. There is something severely wrong with anyone who "love like a human being" some crummy car. Your perceptions are warped all the way around.

Kia Motors Finance Reviews