59 views
Verified Reviewer

1.5

I am a widow; moved back to NYC after my husband's death. Had a leased Kia Sportage (Tenafly NJ).

Lease end was during pandemic; unable to get independent inspection. They charged $500 for 2 scratches. I called over and over and finally, this was removed from my account. However, they reported it to the credit bureaus as "delinquent payments" for 4 months, when it was not.

My car was only driven 18,000 miles (not the 30,000 to which I was entitled). It was in excellent condition. Tried to return early, but no go, so made all the payments, even though it wasn't being driven, kept in NJ while I live in NYC. So Kia Motors Finance then trashed my FICO score (formerly 825).

Calls from September to present -- every person (Katrice, Ranier, Laquesha, more) told a different story. I have notes and dates from all calls. All told me they do tell credit bureaus when charge is removed from an account (takes a manager, takes days, takes a month, etc. etc.) I was told yesterday that they wouldn't do that.

They "did me a favor" removing the $500 charge. And too bad for my credit rating. This is unacceptable. I have already lodged a complaint with the Attorney General of the Consumer Affairs Dept.

of NJ.

Please take action to remove these fraudulent "delinquent" payments from my credit rating. Thank you.

Product or Service Mentioned: Kia Motors Finance Account.

Preferred solution: Take the fraudulent delinquent payments off my credit reports.

Kia Motors Finance Cons: Give you the run around and no solutions, Every phone call was told something different.

Comments