2.8

Leased a 2012 Kia Soul in June of 2012 and returned the vehicle April 2015 (purchased 2015 Kia Soul at that time). As had been the case every year, I received a bill from Kia Finance for the property taxes assessed on the vehicle for that year.

Since we had not had possession of the vehicle since April, I contacted Kia Finance to see if we were in fact responsible for the taxes for the entire year and was told that I could submit proof that we had not had possession of the vehicle since April and request an abatement so that the taxes would be prorated for the period we actually had the car.

I faxed the information the first week of December and was informed that the estimated turn around for processing the request was a minimum of 6 to 8 weeks. Today we are contacted by a collection agency attempting to collect the full amount of taxes for the entire year.

Upon contacting Kia Finance I was informed that they had in fact received the abatement request along with the proof that we surrendered the vehicle in April. However, their Property Tax Department had notated the account that abatement's are not allowed in the State of Texas and therefore, I owned the full amount.

OK fine, so why didn't they contact me and advise that there would be no adjustment in the amount owed and request payment before submitting it to a collection agency. I would gladly pay what I owed, once it was clear that I was responsible for the full amount. Their statement was "We aren't required to notify the customer of the of the Property Tax Departments findings" ... wait, what, really!?!

I never even received any further statements or requests for payment beyond the 'one and only one' received at the beginning of December and as far as i was concerned I was waiting to hear back from them with regards to the abatement request.

So, to sum up ... they advised me to submit an abatement request for the property taxes on the vehicle and informed me that it would take 6 to 8 weeks to process, which of course, I did in good faith. Once they investigated the abatement request, they learned that abatement's were not allowed in the State of Texas, so instead of contacting me to inform me of the outcome, or at the very least sending a second statement or notification that the full amount was owed, they decide to turn it over to a collection agency.

If this is the way they do business, then they will not get my business in the future. Not only will I never finance through them again, they have made this loyal Kia customer decide to go with a different auto maker on my next automobile purchase!

Sayōnara Kia!

CLMoses wrote the review because of poor customer service at Kia Motors Finance. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Kia Motors Finance to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Kia Motors Finance kia motors finance auto lease for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Kia Motors Finance?

Comments